This tool converts an IPv6 address so that it can be used to access an UNC or HTTP resource.
This is necessary since an IPv6 address contains multiple colons ":", which would cause problems if you would access an URL or a share the same way as you used to with IPv4 addresses. This is how it works:
- First it checks if the entered IPv6 address is valid.
- Then it converts it to ether the UNC or HTTP IPv6-format:
- All colon ":" characters are replaced with dash "-" characters.
- ".ipv6-literal.net" is appended to the IP address.
- The IP address is enclosed in square brackets "".
Windows XP or later