Print Mgr 0.6
PrintMgr lets you manage your installed printers. It is based around the Rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry commands which allow you to automate most printer management tasks via the command-line.
- Open the print queue
- Open Printer and Print-Server properties
- Print a test page
- Set the default printer
- List, Add, and delete "per machine printer connections" (network printer that appear for all users on the computer)
- Backup and restore printer settings
- Delete a Printer
For every task the corresponding command-line is shown.
- added: Printer Preferences button
- added: read-only mode to view a command without executing it
- added: automatically change to German UI if the OS is German based
- fixed: Backup and save dialogs to work with recent Windows versions including Windows 10
- fixed: made it easier to select and copy the command
- fixed: window size to avoid scrollbars
- fixed: German caption for Server Properties button
- fixed: handling of special characters in printer names
- fixed: other minor fixes
- initial release
- Restore command seems to fail on most systems.
- If the first printer in the list has a double quotation mark in the name, most buttons will cause an error message.
Windows XP or later